milk + honey is a thriving collection of premier spa and salons in Austin and Houston, Texas, offering a full range of services including massage, facials, waxing, natural nail therapy, hair care, makeup application, and bridal packages in a modern, inviting space.
milk + honey abides by and exemplifies its core Four Principles, which have become an essential part of our processes, culture, and growth:
. Be kind, compassionate, and listen to one another.
. Enjoy what you do and push yourself to improve.
. Surprise, delight, and go above and beyond.
. Do more with less.
milk + honey is looking for a Floor Manager whose responsibilities include, but are not limited to, everyday operation of the front desk, salon, spa, and back of the house. The successful Floor Manager will be a self starter with exceptional multi-tasking skills, be willing to work as part of a team in a fast-paced, goal-driven environment while maintaining a positive and professional attitude.
The Floor Manager performs a full spectrum of duties, ensuring exceptional client service, employee satisfaction and the financial health of the business. The Floor Manager position will average 40 hours per week with a semi-fixed schedule. The Floor Manager will hold Concierge shifts, Spa Host shifts and rotate in and out of the schedule to relieve Partisans for breaks and to keep up with the spirit of the Concierge position. Available for MOD shifts and additional manager support, as needed.
In addition to the Concierge Job Description, the essential duties and responsibilities for the Floor Manager position include:
- Holds a strong presence on the floor, constantly circulating between the back of house and front of house to establish connections with staff and clients.
- Handles in-the-moment client recovery and follows up with clients and appropriate team members, including responding to client surveys.
- Ensuring the point of contact for groups and parties is prepared for arrival.
- Ensuring that Concierge staff is well integrated into milk + honey and builds strong ties with other Spa Partisans.
- Creates a motivational environment for Concierge staff by communicating contests for daily/pay period/monthly/quarterly goals and tracking + communicating successes and opportunities.
- Monitor key Concierge metrics and Concierge staff performance. Motivate and inspire the Concierge team.
- Displays a professional attitude and maintains composure; providing the Concierge team with a positive and motivating work environment and leading by example.
- Works closely with Leadership to ensure spa and salon protocols and company standards are maintained.
- Actively participates in overseeing training for new hires, communicating status of new hire training with team and creating action plans for anyone needing additional support.
- Develops and updates procedures, policies, scripts and important materials to ensure that the Concierge team has the tools to deliver excellent customer service.
- Possess the ability to pinpoint morale issues and areas of opportunity within the Concierge team, maintaining communication with Leadership and collaborating on solutions.
- Is the lead contact for the Concierge staff and the Leadership Team in regards to all Concierge duties.
- Ensuring all equipment is appropriately labeled and functioning correctly, educating staff members in its proper usage and coordinating with Leadership regarding any repair, replacement or maintenance required.
- Responsible for monitoring the Concierge schedule and any necessary changes or adjustments
- Works closely with reservations staff for daily changes to therapists’ and clients’ service schedule.
- Delivers feedback and participates in preparing and delivering performance reviews to Concierge staff.
- Participates in quarterly Concierge staff meetings, coordinating with Leadership to ensure attendance.
- Conduct and manage monthly and quarterly inventory and loss prevention.
- Provides daily motivation for team including role playing retail sales scenarios with Concierge to ensure goals are met. Ensures that retail shelves are dusted and stocked
milk + honey offers the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Affordable health, dental and vision plans
- Paid vacation
- Matching 401k plan
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Generous discounts on treatments and product
Named one of Austin Business Journal's "Best Places to Work," milk + honey is deeply committed to helping you achieve your personal and professional goals. We believe that happy employees, thorough training, wonderful service, and an encouraging environment result in happy clients who return often.
If you are ready to be a part of an award winning team, please complete our online application.
milk + honey is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is a drug-free workplace.