Named one of Austin Business Journal's "Best Places to Work," milk + honey is deeply committed to helping you achieve your personal and professional goals. We believe that happy employees, through training, wonderful service, and an encouraging environment result in happy clients who return often.
Essential Esthetician Duties
Qualifications and Experience
- Perform a wide range of facial and waxing services following milk + honey protocols
- Obtain client health history through the use of client intake forms, assessing problems and conditions and consulting with clients about recommended treatments
- Record detailed notes for all clients including contraindications, allergies, medications, formulations and treatment preferences
- Maintain correspondence with clients by writing thank you notes following their visit
- Participate in sales and marketing events both inside and outside the spa
- Stay up to date with training and education on skincare and spa lines while proactively promoting products to clients
- Taking all milk + honey approved courses regarding blood borne pathogens and lancet protocols, sign and adhere to milk +honey’s lancet protocol
- Dedication to achieving and maintaining a retail to service sale ratio
- Complete side work, open and closing duties as directed by the Department Head or Manager
- Dedication to staying up to date on current licensing changes and abide by all rules and regulations associated with licensure
- Position requires a great deal of mobility, including walking, and lifting up to 20 lbs
- State of Texas Cosmetology License
- Must have schedule availability to include evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Natural ability to sell and educate clients on products and treatments
milk + honey holdings, llc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
milk + honey offers our estheticians the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Affordable health, dental and vision plans
- Paid vacation
- Matching 401k plan
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Generous discounts on treatments and products
milk + honey's core Four Principles remain an ever-present foundational part of our processes, culture, and growth.
Care. Be kind, compassionate, and listen to one another.
Thrive. Enjoy what you do and push yourself to improve.
Inspire. Surprise, delight, and go above and beyond.
Simplify. Do more with less.
After completing her MBA at The University of Texas at Austin, Alissa decided to forgo a traditional post-MBA job and instead launched milk + honey spa. Not only did she see an opportunity in Austin for a luxury day spa, but it was important to her to build something that made — and continues to make — others feel great. In January 2006, she launched milk + honey, and today, it encompasses a thriving collection of six spas in Austin, Houston and Fort Worth. In 2014, she launched milk + honey’s line of hyperclean, organic, and effective bath and body care products — with skincare debuting in 2019.