After completing her MBA at The University of Texas at Austin, Alissa decided to forgo a traditional post-MBA job and instead launched milk + honey spa. Not only did she see an opportunity in Austin for a luxury day spa, but it was important to her to build something that made — and continues to make — others feel great. In January 2006, she launched milk + honey, and today, it encompasses a thriving collection of six spas in Austin, Houston and Fort Worth. In 2014, she launched milk + honey’s line of hyperclean, organic, and effective bath and bodycare products — with skincare debuting in 2019.
milk + honey's core Four Principles remain an ever-present foundational part of our processes, culture, and growth. Care.
Be kind, compassionate, and listen to one another.Thrive.
Enjoy what you do and push yourself to improve.Inspire.
Surprise, delight, and go above and beyond.Simplify.
Do more with less.
Named one of Austin Business Journal's "Best Places to Work," milk + honey is deeply committed to helping you achieve your personal and professional goals. We believe that happy employees, through training, wonderful service, and an encouraging environment result in happy clients who return often.
The Assistant Manager performs a full spectrum of duties, ensuring exceptional client service and employee satisfaction. The essential duties and responsibilities for the Assistant Manager position include:Brand Standards
- Possess superior customer service skills to mediate all situations with a calm, helpful demeanor
- Identify and troubleshoot areas|policies that may pose a negative employee experience
- Take initiative on client survey, be the contact for scores that need to be investigated, and troubleshoot any issues that may affect client experiences; address on-site client issues in real time
- Be the contact of any in-store marketing initiatives, including promotions, collateral, and communication with staff
- Assist with retail ordering, create purchase orders, receive products, perform monthly counts and merchandise all retail
- Introduce new retail items and lines to staff; train as necessary. Monitor retail transactions and employee allocation to ensure accuracy
- Have a comprehensive understanding of our operating system and the ability to troubleshoot issues
- Monitor all reports, check for accuracy, resolve issues that affect closing numbers
- Process weekly deposit and take to the bank
- Ensure location supply lists are turned in to the Procurement Department on time
- Take initiative to help create new processes
- Assist in calculating and updating business goals
- Maintain the milk + honey brand facility standards; assist Manager with maintenance and improvement coordination
- Be a contact for and communicate with staff regarding all repairs
- Be available on a limited on-call basis for protocol and system questions, including, but not limited to, the rotating employee emergency line
- Be available to work the Concierge desk, including but not limited to Concierge breaks
- Set an example by being flexible and punctual in your schedule
- Manage the interview process for staff positions and determine staffing metrics; schedule training and monitor progress for new hires
- Be able to forecast schedule, identify problems and solve proactively
- Manage all departments; enter and edit new and existing employee schedules, adjust time clocks, monitor schedules and overtime
- Witness or conduct employee write ups or terminations as directed by Manager
- Create and track monthly contests for all departments, coordinate and attend all department-specific meetings
- Have a fundamental understanding of all of the systems and programs that are essential to the management of the location
- Be available on an on-call basis for protocol and system questions from staff
- Demonstrate the calm ability to multi-task in a high-pressure environment
- Personify milk + honey’s 4 Principles in every interaction with clients and coworkers
- Must be able to sustain reasonable physical activity for the duration of a scheduled shift
- Must be able to hear so as to effectively understand customer’s needs
- Must be able to lift up to 25 lbs
milk + honey holdings, llc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.