After completing her MBA at The University of Texas at Austin, Alissa decided to forgo a traditional post-MBA job and instead launched milk + honey spa. Not only did she see an opportunity in Austin for a luxury day spa, but it was important to her to build something that made — and continues to make — others feel great. In January 2006, she launched milk + honey, and today, it encompasses a thriving collection of six spas in Austin, Houston and Fort Worth. In 2014, she launched milk + honey’s line of hyperclean, organic, and effective bath and bodycare products — with skincare debuting in 2019.
milk + honey's core Four Principles remain an ever-present foundational part of our processes, culture, and growth.
Care. Be kind, compassionate, and listen to one another.
Thrive. Enjoy what you do and push yourself to improve.
Inspire. Surprise, delight, and go above and beyond.
Simplify. Do more with less.
milk + honey offers our Payroll Specialist the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Affordable health, dental and vision plans
- Paid vacation
- Matching 401k plan
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Generous discounts on treatments and products
Named one of Austin Business Journal's "Best Places to Work," milk + honey is deeply committed to helping you achieve your personal and professional goals. We believe that happy employees, through training, wonderful service, and an encouraging environment result in happy clients who return often.
The Payroll Specialist performs a full spectrum of duties designed to support the organizational and financial needs of all milk + honey locations + Inc level operational functions. The Payroll Specialist reports into the Controller.
Essential Payroll Specialist Duties
- Responsibility for all functions of payroll. This will include processing payroll for all locations, submitting payroll and solving any errors associated with payroll
- Ensure time cards are accurate and recorded properly
- Communicate missed time clock punches and send weekly approaching overtime report to location managers
- Be a contact person for any audits that involve payroll functions such as EEOC reporting, DOL inquiries, 401k audit and testing, TWC investigations, worker’s comp audits etc.
- Conduct timely payroll audits to assure that all deductions and wages are correct
Qualifications and Experience
- 1-3 years payroll experience required
- Knowledge of Quickbooks preferred
- Intermediate Excel and Word skills
- Degree preferred
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work on a dynamic team
- Must be able to sustain reasonable physical activity for the duration of a scheduled shift
- Must be able to hear so as to effectively understand co workers needs
- Must be able to lift up to 25lbs
- Any other reasonable requests to make your department a success
milk + honey holdings, llc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.