After completing her MBA at The University of Texas at Austin, Alissa decided to forgo a traditional post-MBA job and instead launched milk + honey spa. Not only did she see an opportunity in Austin for a luxury day spa, but it was important to her to build something that made — and continues to make — others feel great. In January 2006, she launched milk + honey, and today, it encompasses a thriving collection of six spas in Austin, Houston and Fort Worth. In 2014, she launched milk + honey’s line of hyperclean, organic, and effective bath and bodycare products — with skincare debuting in 2019.
milk + honey's core Four Principles remain an ever-present foundational part of our processes, culture, and growth.
Be kind, compassionate, and listen to one another.
Enjoy what you do and push yourself to improve.
Surprise, delight, and go above and beyond.
Do more with less.
milk + honey offers our spa and salon client coordinators the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Affordable health, dental and vision plans
- Paid vacation
- Matching 401k plan
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Generous discounts on treatments and products
Named one of Austin Business Journal's "Best Places to Work," milk + honey is deeply committed to helping you achieve your personal and professional goals. We believe that happy employees, through training, wonderful service, and an encouraging environment result in happy clients who return often.
Essential Spa and Salon Client Coordinator Duties
Qualifications and Experience
- Offer the highest level of personalized service with the ability to remain calm and gracious while addressing stressful situations
- Greet clients as if they are a guest in your home and guide them through the spa/salon, provide tours when necessary
- Check and respond to company email regularly, participate in discussions and offer solutions to complex issues
- Answer busy multi-line phone system in a professional manner
- Schedule client appointments following strict m + h protocol, to maximize efficient use of time
- Provide confirmation calls to clients who have scheduled services
- Update the reservations/cancellations list throughout the day, inform therapists of last minute changes, and resolve scheduling issues as needed by working with location managers
- Approach and educate clients on retail recommendations and spa treatments with confidence and knowledge
- Recommend and up-sell services that fit the guests’ needs
- Effectively handle cash, credit cards, gift certificate and discount certificate transactions
- Attend all meetings and training required of your department or the company in general
- Maintain orderliness, cleanliness and presentation of the retail area, salon, spa and lounge
- Must be able to work as a team with both front desk concierges and stylists/therapists across multiple locations
- Assist with special projects and events as needed
- Position requires a great deal of mobility, including walking, and lifting up to 20 lbs
- Professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must have schedule availability to include evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Prior experience in retail, hospitality or salon/spa industry strongly preferred
- Must have a minimum of two years customer service experience, management experience a plus
- Experience with salon/spa software and Microsoft office is preferred though general computer knowledge is required
- Natural ability to sell and educate clients on products and treatments
milk + honey holdings, llc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.