After completing her MBA at The University of Texas at Austin, Alissa decided to forgo a traditional post-MBA job and instead launched milk + honey spa. Not only did she see an opportunity in Austin for a luxury day spa, but it was important to her to build something that made — and continues to make — others feel great. In January 2006, she launched milk + honey, and today, it encompasses a thriving collection of six spas in Austin, Houston and Fort Worth. In 2014, she launched milk + honey’s line of hyperclean, organic, and effective bath and bodycare products — with skincare debuting in 2019.
milk + honey's core Four Principles remain an ever-present foundational part of our processes, culture, and growth. Care.
Be kind, compassionate, and listen to one another.Thrive.
Enjoy what you do and push yourself to improve.Inspire.
Surprise, delight, and go above and beyond.Simplify.
Do more with less. milk + honey offers our customer service specialists the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Affordable health, dental and vision plans
- Paid vacation
- Matching 401k plan
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Generous discounts on treatments and products
Named one of Austin Business Journal's "Best Places to Work," milk + honey is deeply committed to helping you achieve your personal and professional goals. We believe that happy employees, through training, wonderful service, and an encouraging environment result in happy clients who return often. Essential Customer Service Specialist Duties
Qualifications and Experience
- Provide superior customer service on a multi-line phone system while encompassing milk + honey brand standards
- Schedule clients following strict m + h protocol, to maximize efficient use of time
- Maintain an average ticket price that is appropriate for the Reservation Center
- Maintain a high Call Quality Evaluation score
- Elevate the client experience by offering enhancements and additional services
- Contribute to established customer satisfaction score by providing superior and authentic customer service
- Complete side work and daily tasks as directed by co-workers or managers
- Have the desire and ability to exemplify milk + honey’s 4 Principles in every interaction with clients and coworkers
- Exhibit time management skills and ability to self-start, possess the ability to prioritize tasks
- Use the operating system effectively to make all aspects of the spa/salon run efficiently
- Communicate with all co-workers to keep spa/salon running efficiently
- Speak to tech support to troubleshoot problems with operating system, printers, etc.
- Educate and assist guests with product information
- Attend all required meetings and trainings
- Exhibit flexibility with the work schedule to be available in the evenings, on weekends and some holidays
- Check email regularly, participating in discussions, and helping to find solutions
- Correspond in a friendly, professional manner via email, over the telephone, and over live chat
- Take initiative to seek improvements
- Possess an unflappable demeanor in time of high-stress and chaos
- Display a genuine team spirit and flexible attitude
- Adhere to all Attendance and Punctuality policies in the milk + honey Partisan Handbook
- Ability to hear so as to effectively understand client needs
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs
- Ability to sustain minimal physical activity for the duration of a scheduled shift
- Professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must have schedule availability to include evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Prior experience in retail, hospitality or salon/spa industry strongly preferred
- Must have a minimum of two years customer service experience, management experience a plus
- Experience with salon/spa software and Microsoft office is preferred though general computer knowledge is required
- Natural ability to sell and educate clients on products and treatments
milk + honey holdings, llc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.