From a single standalone spa in downtown Austin, milk + honey has grown to include a collection of six spas and salons with ambitious plans to grow. We believe that a great spa experience in a beautiful environment using hyperclean products is foundational to well-being. The products that we sell in our locations have been an essential part of our business strategy and, from the beginning, we have curated an assortment of products that are luxurious, effective, and clean.
Our eponymous product line was born in 2013 and developed in collaboration with a team of more than 50 estheticians to address the needs of our clients using only the highest-quality ingredients and pure essential oils. milk + honey’s product line recently expanded to skincare and milk + honey’s products are sold at dozens of retailers, including Free People, Neiman Marcus, and directly through milkandhoney.com. Recently, milkandhoney.com launched CURATED by milk + honey, a collection that highlights clean products we love from other brands.
We are looking for an experienced and talented Director of Merchandising
. This new position will work closely with our executive team to drive success in omnichannel retail sales. This person will create effective buying and merchandising processes to support milk + honey’s initiative to become a best-in-class retailer both online and in our stores. They will also spearhead efforts to be a leader in curating the best assortment of clean beauty products.
What does success look like? We’re looking for someone who takes a holistic view of our business and improves performance across key business metrics:
Increase retail/direct to consumer sales
- Increase the average revenue per square foot in milk + honey locations by improving our product mix and implementing effective visual merchandising and other initiatives
- Increase online sales by management of online assortment and improving online merchandising processes
- Implement a proactive merchandising strategy to support milk + honey’s growth as a clean beauty curator
- Increase Margins
- Increase gross margins of sales in our locations and online
- Negotiate better terms with suppliers including items such as discounts, payment terms, and free fill, marketing co-ops, GWP, and more
- Create effective processes to manage by metric
- Increase Inventory Turnover
- Increase turnover through all channels
- Implement scalable processes to identify and eliminate poorly performing SKUs
- Improve Product Knowledge
- Implement a training plan focusing on product knowledge and sales training to ensure that milk + honey employees and retail partners can sell successfully
- 7-10 years of relevant merchandising or retail planning experience with a track record of meeting and exceeding goals
- Bonus points for advanced Excel/Sheets skills and experience using Domo or similar analytical tools
- Bonus for experience in the CPG and/or Beauty space
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated success in both online and brick-and-mortar merchandising
- Strong analytical skills with proven ability to use metrics to make good business decisions
- Ability to meld the art and science of merchandising
- Willingness to work in a rapidly scaling environment
- Ability to create clear work plans with deliverables and deadlines to drive results
- Ability to be resourceful and drive significant impact with at-times limited resources
- Excellent written and verbal communicator who can work in a collaborative environment
- A leader who can direct the team and also roll up their sleeves to get work done
This job is based out of Austin and we are willing to relocate the right candidate for this job to Austin, TX.