After completing her MBA at The University of Texas at Austin, Alissa decided to forgo a traditional post-MBA job and instead launched milk + honey spa. Not only did she see an opportunity in Austin for a luxury day spa, but it was important to her to build something that made — and continues to make — others feel great. In January 2006, she launched milk + honey, and today, it encompasses a thriving collection of six spas in Austin, Houston and Fort Worth. In 2014, she launched milk + honey’s line of hyperclean, organic, and effective bath and bodycare products — with skincare debuting in 2019.
milk + honey's core Four Principles remain an ever-present foundational part of our processes, culture, and growth.
Be kind, compassionate, and listen to one another.
Enjoy what you do and push yourself to improve.
Surprise, delight, and go above and beyond.
Do more with less.
milk + honey offers our HR Business Partner | Recruiter the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Affordable health, dental and vision plans
- Paid vacation
- Matching 401k plan
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Generous discounts on treatments and products
Named one of Austin Business Journal's "Best Places to Work," milk + honey is deeply committed to helping you achieve your personal and professional goals. We believe that happy employees, through training, wonderful service, and an encouraging environment result in happy clients who return often.
The HR Business Partner | Recruiter will focus on providing an amazing recruiting, onboarding and employee experience for our new location in California. The HR Business Partner | Recruiter will focus 70% of their time on recruitment and 30% on Human Resources tasks.
Human Resources Responsibilities:
- Full-cycle hands-on recruitment; sourcing through onboarding
- Proactively recruit for the following positions: Spa Manager, Spa Assistant Manager, Concierge, Massage Therapist, Hair Stylist, Esthetician, Nail Technician, and Housekeeper
- Work closely with managers at each spa location to define job descriptions and recruiting strategies
- Own the creation of interesting and effective job postings
- Focus on relationship building for targeted California schools and educational programs
- Consistent communication with candidates and managers throughout the recruiting process
- Implement a social media strategy to include the passive candidate pool
- Create an engaging and robust employee referral program
- Solid networking skills with the ability to plan recruiting events and feel comfortable speaking in front of large groups
- Primary point of contact for employee inquiries into compensation, benefits, Paid Time Off, continuing education, etc.
- Proactively manage any employee relations issues or challenges and escalate to HR Director as needed
- Maintain confidentiality of all sensitive, employee information
- Coordinate employee engagement events such as POP by partnering with our marketing department
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to influence others
- Solid presentation skills and the ability to facilitate group discussions
- Demonstrated success in handling multiple priorities
- Self starter who is ignited, not overwhelmed by a start-up environment
- Is extremely organized: meets deadlines, prioritizes appropriately, copes well with change, and maintains composure under pressure
- Able to operate independently, but can also work collaboratively as part of a team
- Communicates respectfully and is able to adjust communication style based on the audience. Is always confident, polished, empathetic, and enthusiastic in communication
- 3-5 years of human resources and recruitment experience
- Experience in spa, hospitality, and/or retail a plus
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Extensive knowledge of California employment law
- Familiar with Google Docs, Applicant Tracking System, and HRIS
milk + honey holdings, llc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.