After completing her MBA at The University of Texas at Austin, Alissa decided to forgo a traditional post-MBA job and instead launched milk + honey spa. Not only did she see an opportunity in Austin for a luxury day spa, but it was important to her to build something that made — and continues to make — others feel great. In January 2006, she launched milk + honey, and today, it encompasses a thriving collection of six spas in Austin, Houston and Fort Worth. In 2014, she launched milk + honey’s line of hyperclean, organic, and effective bath and bodycare products — with skincare debuting in 2019.
milk + honey's core Four Principles remain an ever-present foundational part of our processes, culture, and growth.
Be kind, compassionate, and listen to one another.
Enjoy what you do and push yourself to improve.
Surprise, delight, and go above and beyond.
Do more with less.
milk + honey offers our on-call housekeepers the following benefits:
- Matching 401k plan
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Generous discounts on treatments and products
Named one of Austin Business Journal's "Best Places to Work," milk + honey is deeply committed to helping you achieve your personal and professional goals. We believe that happy employees, through training, wonderful service, and an encouraging environment result in happy clients who return often.
Essential Housekeeper Duties
Qualifications and Experience
- Maintain the laundry for both the spa and salon including picking up laundry from various points in the spa and salon
- Perform a variety of cleaning duties for the spa and salon including but not limited to mopping, sweeping, dishes, cleaning the bathrooms, and taking out the trash
- Adhere to daily cleaning schedules
- A sensitivity to unnecessary waste of product and a willingness to act to reduce waste
- Attend all meetings and training required of your department or the company in general
- Maintain orderliness, cleanliness and presentation of the retail area, salon, spa, lounge and back of the house
- Assist with special projects and events as needed
- Position requires a great deal of mobility, including walking, and lifting up to 20 lbs
- Must have schedule availability to include evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Prior experience in hospitality a plus
milk + honey holdings, llc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.