After completing her MBA at The University of Texas at Austin, Alissa decided to forgo a traditional post-MBA job and instead launched milk + honey spa. Not only did she see an opportunity in Austin for a luxury day spa, but it was important to her to build something that made — and continues to make — others feel great. In January 2006, she launched milk + honey, and today, it encompasses a thriving collection of six spas in Austin, Houston and Fort Worth. In 2014, she launched milk + honey’s line of hyperclean, organic, and effective bath and bodycare products — with skincare debuting in 2019.
milk + honey's core Four Principles remain an ever-present foundational part of our processes, culture, and growth.
Be kind, compassionate, and listen to one another.
Enjoy what you do and push yourself to improve.
Surprise, delight, and go above and beyond.
Do more with less.
milk + honey offers our Human Resource Business Partner the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Affordable health, dental and vision plans
- Paid vacation
- Matching 401k plan
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Generous discounts on treatments and products
Named one of Austin Business Journal's "Best Places to Work," milk + honey is deeply committed to helping you achieve your personal and professional goals. We believe that happy employees, through training, wonderful service, and an encouraging environment result in happy clients who return often.
The Human Resources Business Partner role contributes to company performance by providing tactical and strategic consulting on people and organization development strategies in support of the business objectives. Performs HR related duties at the professional level while supporting multiple locations. Will carry out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations consultation; policy interpretation and application, performance and compensation management consultation; and benefits consultation. May carry out additional responsibilities to include employee development initiatives and leadership & development training.
The essential duties and responsibilities for the Human Resources Business Partner position includes, but is not limited to:
- Acts as change agent to actively identify gaps, propose and implement changes necessary to cover risks and improve processes.
- Research, create, and implement plans to promote diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives, programs, or policies.
- Analyzes trends and metrics and partners with the HR team to develop solutions to implement positive change.
- Provides day-to-day coaching to leadership on a variety of actions to include employee relations issues, performance management guidance (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions), policy interpretation and application; and organizational design consultation.
- Collaborate with the Director of HR on employee engagement initiatives, employee engagement surveys, and driving to achieve a great place to work recognition.
- Manage employee information, personnel files via Google Drive and HRIS.
- Monitor workforce data to ensure compliance with ACA regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Benefits Administration Responsibilities:
- Coordinates daily benefits processing. handle enrollments, monitors and manages OSHA incidents and log, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, rollovers, loans, hardships and compliance testing.
- Analyzes current benefits, evaluating the use, services, coverage, effectiveness, cost, plan experience and competitive trends in benefits programs, and identifies the company's stance.
- Manages new employee and open enrollment proactively; provides comprehensive information related to benefits options, conducts periodic benefits information sessions; responds to employee inquiries and directs employees to vendor resources and publications as required.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for employees and benefits vendors.
- Manages workers’ compensation incident reporting; works with employees and management regarding incident investigations as required
- Ensures compliance with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA); processes employee FMLA requests, monitors leave usage related to FMLA; works with supervisors and employees to understand regulations
- Conducts periodic training and information sessions for employees and supervisors related to benefits compliance, benefits programs, wellness activities; arranges vendor presentations promoting benefits programs to employees.
- Ensures the accuracy of all benefits enrollments in the HRIS to provide vendors with accurate eligibility information.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills & Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in human resources or business related field.
- Five (5) plus years of HR experience with at least three (3) years of experience in both employee relations and benefits management.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) preferred.
- Strong foundation and knowledge of principles & practice of HR including employment law & compliance requirements.
- Ability to thrive in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to set high personal goals and work independently.
- Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize tasks.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Multi-site location employee and management support experience a plus.
- Proficient with Google Suite or related software.
This position is based at milk + honey’s corporate office in Central Austin. At this time this role can be performed 100% remotely because of COVID, although a small number of employees are allowed to work in the corporate office at one time. We prefer someone who will be able to work out the office on most days once COVID is no longer an issue.
milk + honey holdings, llc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.