After completing her MBA at The University of Texas at Austin, Alissa decided to forgo a traditional post-MBA job and instead launched milk + honey spa. Not only did she see an opportunity in Austin for a luxury day spa, but it was important to her to build something that made — and continues to make — others feel great. In January 2006, she launched milk + honey, and today, it encompasses a thriving collection of six spas in Austin, Houston and Fort Worth. In 2014, she launched milk + honey’s line of hyperclean, organic, and effective bath and bodycare products — with skincare debuting in 2019.
milk + honey's core Four Principles remain an ever-present foundational part of our processes, culture, and growth.
Be kind, compassionate, and listen to one another.
Enjoy what you do and push yourself to improve.
Surprise, delight, and go above and beyond.
Do more with less.
milk + honey offers our Director, milk + honey Products the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Affordable health, dental and vision plans
- Paid vacation
- Matching 401k plan
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Generous discounts on treatments and products
Named one of Austin Business Journal's "Best Places to Work," milk + honey is deeply committed to helping you achieve your personal and professional goals. We believe that happy employees, through training, wonderful service, and an encouraging environment result in happy clients who return often.
We created milk + honey products because we felt that there was a gap in the skin and body care market at the intersection of hyperclean ingredients, effectiveness, and beautiful packaging. Our products are developed from the ground up, utilizing the passion, experience, and expertise of our Estheticians and Massage Therapists. The feedback on our beta products that we received from our customers in real time at our spas, allows us to develop products that we are confident will be well-received.
Today, our products are sold not only in our own spas, but also online and over 100 other retailers including Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf Goodman, Free People, Costco, Follain, and Ulta Beauty. We believe that the future of beauty is clean beauty. milk + honey has the opportunity to be a leader in this high growth segment of the beauty market.
The Director, milk + honey Products will be the general manager of our product division. This position will report directly to the CEO.
- Create and execute the strategic roadmap for our product business
- Develop and execute a cohesive merchandising strategy across spa and D2C channels for both milk + honey produced products and third party retailers
- Collaborate with the marketing department to develop effective marketing and promotional campaigns and to successfully position our products in the marketplace
- Set aggressive sales targets and meet or exceed them
- P&L responsibility for this division
- Manage our sales, product, and warehouse team and provide them with a structure that will allow them to thrive
- Collaborate with milk + honey founder Alissa Bayer, on R&D initiatives and new product development
- Forecast demand and ensure that we maintain appropriate inventory levels
- Ensure that our products meet quality and regulatory standards
- Contribute to the overall direction of milk + honey
- Consistent track record for scaling people and systems in high-growth organizations. Preferably experience in the growth of a company as it grows from $3M in revenue to $20M+ in revenue.
- 5+ years of experience in beauty, CPG, or related fields
- 5+ years of management experience with a consistent track record of supporting the growth of the teams that you have managed
- Experience directing and coaching sales teams to success preferred
- Experience with managing or influencing e-commerce and direct to consumer channels
- Strategic problem solver with operational mindset - you easily see the big picture and can translate high-level business goals into actionable plans
- Self starter, resourceful, and willing to roll up your sleeves and dive deep where needed
- Ability to simplify complex challenges, implement solutions, project manage across teams to drive results
This position is based at milk + honey’s corporate office in Central Austin. At this time this role can be performed 100% remotely because of Covid, although a small number of employees are allowed to work in the corporate office at one time.
milk + honey holdings, llc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.