After completing her MBA at The University of Texas at Austin, Alissa decided to forgo a traditional post-MBA job and instead launched milk + honey spa. Not only did she see an opportunity in Austin for a luxury day spa, but it was important to her to build something that made — and continues to make — others feel great. In January 2006, she launched milk + honey, and today, it encompasses a thriving ccollection of six Texas spas in Austin, Houston, Fort Worth and soon, a seventh spa in Los Angeles, California. In 2014, she launched milk + honey’s line of hyperclean, organic, and effective bath and bodycare products — with skincare debuting in 2019.
milk + honey's core Four Principles remain an ever-present foundational part of our processes, culture, and growth.
Be kind, compassionate, and listen to one another.
Enjoy what you do and push yourself to improve.
Surprise, delight, and go above and beyond.
Do more with less.
milk + honey offers our spa and salon client coordinators the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Affordable health, dental and vision plans
- Paid vacation
- Matching 401k plan
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Generous discounts on treatments and products
Named one of Austin Business Journal's "Best Places to Work," milk + honey is deeply committed to helping you achieve your personal and professional goals. We believe that happy employees, through training, wonderful service, and an encouraging environment result in happy clients who return often.
Essential Spa and Salon Client Coordinator Duties
Qualifications and Experience
- Provide superior customer service while encompassing milk + honey brand standards
- Greet clients with a warm welcome as soon as they walk through the door, offer a beverage, and personally walk them through the spa + salon for their reservation
- Contribute to established customer satisfaction score by providing superior and authentic customer service
- Educate clients on retail items, achieve and maintain a retail to service sales ratio that is appropriate for growth within your location
- Elevate the client experience by offering enhancements and additional services
- Complete side work and daily tasks as directed by co-workers or managers
- Have the desire and ability to exemplify milk + honey’s 4 Principles in every interaction with clients and coworkers
- Answer multi-line phone system and respond to client emails in a timely manner
- Exhibit time management skills and ability to self-start, possess the ability to prioritize tasks
- Be available to work nights, weekends and some holidays
- Schedule clients following strict milk + honey protocol, to maximize efficient use of time
- Have each client fill out and sign an intake or addendum for each service
- Use our operating system effectively to make all aspects of the spa/salon run efficiently
- Communicate with all co-workers and clients in a friendly, professional manner
- Help maintain retail area, communicate with management about product feedback, stock levels, etc.
- Assist with light housekeeping (picking up glasses in lounge, robes in locker room)
- Be positive, outgoing and energetic
- Attend all meetings and trainings required of your department or the company in general
- Check email regularly, participate in discussions, and help find solutions
- Adhere to all policies and procedures expected of milk + honey Partisans
- Adhere to any and all protocol changes issued by management
- Ability to sustain reasonable physical activity for the duration of a scheduled shift
- Ability to hear so as to effectively understand customer’s needs
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs
- Professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must have schedule availability to include evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Prior experience in retail, hospitality or salon/spa industry strongly preferred
- Must have a minimum of two years customer service experience, management experience a plus
- Experience with salon/spa software and Microsoft office is preferred though general computer knowledge is required
- Natural ability to sell and educate clients on products and treatments
milk + honey holdings, llc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.