After completing her MBA at The University of Texas at Austin, Alissa decided to forgo a traditional post-MBA job and instead launched milk + honey spa. Not only did she see an opportunity in Austin for a luxury day spa, but it was important to her to build something that made — and continues to make — others feel great. In January 2006, she launched milk + honey, and today, it encompasses a thriving collection of six spas in Austin, Houston and Fort Worth. In 2014, she launched milk + honey’s line of hyperclean, organic, and effective bath and bodycare products — with skincare debuting in 2019.
milk + honey's core Four Principles remain an ever-present foundational part of our processes, culture, and growth.
Be kind, compassionate, and listen to one another.
Enjoy what you do and push yourself to improve.
Surprise, delight, and go above and beyond.
Do more with less.
Named one of Austin Business Journal's "Best Places to Work," milk + honey is deeply committed to helping you achieve your personal and professional goals. We believe that happy employees, through training, wonderful service, and an encouraging environment result in happy clients who return often.
The Gift Card + Retail Representative
performs a full spectrum of duties designed to provide milk + honey’s guests with a high-quality experience by ensuring exceptional customer service and supporting our fellow Partisans. This is a seasonal position [Nov 2020 - Jan 2021] with potential to grow into a permanent position, if interested.
Essential Gift Card + Retail Representative Duties:
Qualifications and Experience
- Provide superior customer service while encompassing milk + honey brand standards
- Greet clients with a warm welcome as soon as they walk through the door.
- Be positive, outgoing and energetic
- Contribute to established customer satisfaction score by providing superior and authentic customer service
- Have the desire and ability to exemplify milk + honey’s 4 Principles in every interaction with clients and coworkers
- Educate clients on retail items, achieve and maintain a retail to service sales ratio that is appropriate for growth within your location
- Elevate the client experience by offering enhancements and additional services to gift certificate purchases
- Use our operating system effectively to process customer orders for retail and gift certificate purchases
- Help maintain the retail area, communicate with management about product feedback, stock levels, etc.
- Assist with light housekeeping (picking up glasses in lounge, robes in locker room)
- Complete side work and daily tasks as directed by co-workers or managers
- Exhibit time management skills and ability to self-start, possess the ability to prioritize tasks
- Correspond in a friendly, professional manner via email, over the telephone, and over live chat
- Participate in discussions and help find solutions
- Possess an unflappable demeanor in time of high-stress and chaos
- Display a genuine team spirit and flexible attitude
- Exhibit flexibility with the work schedule to be available in the evenings, on weekends and some holidays
- Adhere to all Attendance and Punctuality policies in the milk + honey Partisan Handbook
- Adhere to any and all protocol changes issued by management
- Ability to hear so as to effectively understand client needs
- Ability to sustain reasonable physical activity for the duration of a scheduled shift
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs
- Professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must have schedule availability to include evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Prior experience in retail, hospitality or salon/spa industry strongly preferred
- Must have a minimum of two years customer service experience, management experience a plus
- Experience with salon/spa software and Microsoft office is preferred though general computer knowledge is required
- Natural ability to sell and educate clients on products and treatments
milk + honey holdings, llc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.