After completing her MBA at The University of Texas at Austin, Alissa decided to forgo a traditional post-MBA job and instead launched milk + honey spa. Not only did she see an opportunity in Austin for a luxury day spa, but it was important to her to build something that made — and continues to make — others feel great. In January 2006, she launched milk + honey, and today, it encompasses a thriving collection of six spas in Austin, Houston and Fort Worth. In 2014, she launched milk + honey’s line of hyperclean, organic, and effective bath and bodycare products — with skincare debuting in 2019.
milk + honey's core Four Principles remain an ever-present foundational part of our processes, culture, and growth.
Be kind, compassionate, and listen to one another.
Enjoy what you do and push yourself to improve.
Surprise, delight, and go above and beyond.
Do more with less.
milk + honey offers the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Affordable health, dental and vision plans
- Paid vacation
- Matching 401k plan
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Generous discounts on treatments and products
Named one of Austin Business Journal's "Best Places to Work," milk + honey is deeply committed to helping you achieve your personal and professional goals. We believe that happy employees, through training, wonderful service, and an encouraging environment result in happy clients who return often.
milk + honey is looking for an Accounts Payable Specialist who will perform a full spectrum of duties designed to support the organizational and financial needs of all milk + honey locations + corporate level operational functions. The successful AP Specialist will be a self starter with exceptional multitasking skills, be willing to work as part of a team in a fast-paced, goal-driven environment while maintaining a positive and professional attitude.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Experience:
- Review and validate all bills for appropriate documentation and approval
- Data entry of bills into Quickbooks
- Print and obtain approvals for all accounts payable checks and electronic payments
- Answer and assist with vendor inquiries
- Review and process expense reports
- Manage Expensify, milk + honey’s credit card expense management system, including creating reports and coding expenses on a weekly basis and in a timely manner
- Financial research and review to resolve invoice discrepancies
- Maintain an organized filing system for all company records
- Review, prepare, and process Form 1099s
- Investigate and resolve credit card chargebacks
- Manage permit renewals
- Ad hoc reporting
- Prepare invoice/expense accruals, as well as assigned month end balance sheet reconciliations
- Other assignments may be added as needed or required
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field, or equivalent experience
- 1-3 of years accounts payable experience required
- Knowledge of Quickbooks preferred
- Intermediate to advanced Excel and Google Sheets skills
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work on a dynamic team
milk + honey holdings, llc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.