milk + honey is looking for an Esthetician whose responsible for performing a full spectrum of facial and waxing services for spa clients designed to make each client's visit the singular best customer experience. The successful Esthetician will be an exceptional team player with great attention to detail and ability to focus in a fast-paced, goal-driven environment while maintaining a positive and professional attitude.
- Perform a wide range of facial and waxing services following milk + honey protocols
- Obtain client health history through the use of client intake forms, assessing problems and conditions and consulting with clients about recommended treatments
- Record detailed notes for all clients including contraindications, allergies, medications, formulations and treatment preferences
- Maintain correspondence with clients by writing thank you notes following their visit
- Participate in sales and marketing events both inside and outside the spa
- Stay up to date with training and education on skincare and spa lines while proactively promoting products to clients
- Taking all milk + honey approved courses regarding blood borne pathogens and lancet protocols, sign and adhere to milk +honey’s lancet protocol
- Dedication to achieving and maintaining a retail to service sale ratio
- Complete side work, open and closing duties as directed by the Department Head or Manager
- Dedication to staying up to date on current licensing changes and abide by all rules and regulations associated with licensure
- Position requires a great deal of mobility, including walking, and lifting up to 20 lbs
Qualifications and Experience
- State of Texas Esthetics License
- Must have schedule availability to include evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Natural ability to sell and educate clients on products and treatments
- Experience with Cosmedix product line a plus
milk + honey offers our Estheticians the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Affordable health, dental and vision plans
- Paid vacation
- Matching 401k plan
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Generous discounts on treatments and products
- Transportation reimbursement
milk + honey was founded in 2006 by Alissa Bayer, and has since become Texas’ premier destination for an exceptional day spa experience. From a single standalone spa in downtown Austin, milk + honey has grown to include a collection of five spas—with two more slated to open in early 2019 and national expansion on the horizon. With a core menu of therapeutic treatments and select seasonal specials, milk + honey operates with a philosophy centered on healing, wellness, and relaxation. milk + honey spas use only the cleanest products for every treatment and the brand is a champion of organic, non-toxic ingredients. milk + honey’s eponymous product line—used throughout the spas and sold in-spa and online—was born in 2013 and developed in collaboration with a team of more than 50 estheticians and massage therapists to be hyperclean and effective, made with only the highest-quality ingredients and pure essential oils. milk + honey was at the forefront of the clean beauty revolution over a decade ago and continues to redefine and democratize the day spa experience for everyone by providing therapeutic and accessible respites and effective and luxurious skincare products to indulge, unwind, and cleanse the body and mind.
milk + honey abides by and exemplifies its core Four Principles, which have become an essential part of our processes, culture, and growth:
Care. Be kind, compassionate, and listen to one another.
Thrive. Enjoy what you do and push yourself to improve.
Inspire. Surprise, delight, and go above and beyond.
Simplify. Do more with less.
Named one of Austin Business Journal's "Best Places to Work," milk + honey is deeply committed to helping you achieve your personal and professional goals. We believe that happy employees, thorough training, wonderful service, and an encouraging environment result in happy clients who return often.
If you are ready to be a part of an award winning team, please complete our online application.
milk + honey is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is a drug-free workplace.