After completing her MBA at The University of Texas at Austin, Alissa decided to forgo a traditional post-MBA job and instead launched milk + honey spa. Not only did she see an opportunity in Austin for a luxury day spa, but it was important to her to build something that made — and continues to make — others feel great. In January 2006, she launched milk + honey, and today, it encompasses a thriving collection of six spas in Austin, Houston and Fort Worth. In 2014, she launched milk + honey’s line of hyperclean, organic, and effective bath and bodycare products — with skincare debuting in 2019.
milk + honey's core Four Principles remain an ever-present foundational part of our processes, culture, and growth.
Be kind, compassionate, and listen to one another.
Enjoy what you do and push yourself to improve.
Surprise, delight, and go above and beyond.
Do more with less.
milk + honey offers our salon assistants the following benefits:
- Competitive compensation plan
- Affordable health, dental and vision plans
- Paid vacation
- Matching 401k plan
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Generous discounts on treatments and products
Named one of Austin Business Journal's "Best Places to Work," milk + honey is deeply committed to helping you achieve your personal and professional goals. We believe that happy employees, through training, wonderful service, and an encouraging environment result in happy clients who return often.
Essential Salon Assistant Duties
Qualifications and Experience
- Maintaining relevant licenses and ensures licenses are available for display where services are provided
- Displaying a professional, positive, outgoing, energetic and respectful attitude towards clients and coworkers at all times
- Staying up-to-date and educated on retail lines and products and proactively promote these products to salon clients
- Attending and participating in departmental and spa staff meetings
- Presenting a polished, professional image at all times
- Completing side work and closing duties as directed by Manager
- A genuine team spirit and flexible attitude
- The desire and ability to exemplify milk + honey’s 4 Principles in every interaction with clients and coworkers
- The willingness to adhere to all Attendance and Punctuality policies in the handbook
- The ability to work nights, weekends and some holidays
- Ability to hear so as to effectively understand customer’s needs
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs
- Ability to sustain reasonable physical activity for the duration of a scheduled shift
- Sensitivity to unnecessary waste of product and a willingness to act to reduce waste
- A current State of Texas Cosmetology License
- Must have schedule availability to include evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Natural ability to sell and educate clients on products and treatments
milk + honey holdings, llc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.