milk + honey is a thriving collection of premier spa and salons in Austin and Houston, Texas, offering a full range of services including massage, facials, waxing, natural nail therapy, hair care, makeup application, and bridal packages in a modern, inviting space.
milk + honey abides by and exemplifies its core Four Principles, which have become an essential part of our processes, culture, and growth:
Be kind, compassionate, and listen to one another.
Enjoy what you do and push yourself to improve.
Surprise, delight, and go above and beyond.
Do more with less.
milk + honey is looking for a full-time
(30-40 hr/wk) Reservationist who is responsible for everyday operation of the reservations center, salon and spa. The successful Reservationist will be a self-starter with exceptional multitasking skills, be willing to work as part of a team in a fast-paced, goal-driven environment while maintaining a positive and professional attitude.
Qualifications and Experience
- Offer the highest level of personalized service with the ability to remain calm and gracious while addressing stressful situations
- Check and respond to company email regularly, participate in discussions and offer solutions to complex issues
- Answer busy multi-line phone system in a professional manner
- Schedule client appointments following strict m + h protocol, to maximize efficient use of time
- Provide confirmation calls to clients who have scheduled services
- Update the reservations/cancellations list throughout the day, inform therapists of last minute changes, and resolve scheduling issues as needed by working with location managers
- Recommend and up-sell services that fit the guests’ needs
- Effectively handle cash, credit cards, gift certificate and discount certificate transactions
- Speak to tech support to troubleshoot problems with operating system, printers, etc.
- Attend all meetings and training required of your department or the company in general
- Maintain orderliness, cleanliness and presentation of the reservations center
- Must be able to work as a team with both front desk concierges and stylists/therapists across multiple locations
- Assist with special projects and events as needed
- Position requires a great deal of mobility, including walking, and lifting up to 20 lbs
milk + honey offers our Reservationists the following benefits:
- Professional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Must have schedule availability to include evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Prior experience in retail, hospitality, call center or salon/spa industry strongly preferred
- Must have a minimum of two years customer service experience, management experience a plus
- Experience with salon/spa software and Microsoft office is preferred though general computer knowledge is required
- Natural ability to up-sell and educate clients on services and treatments
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- Competitive compensation plan
- Affordable health, dental and vision plans
- Paid vacation
- Matching 401k plan
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Generous discounts on treatments and products
Named one of Austin Business Journal's "Best Places to Work," milk + honey is deeply committed to helping you achieve your personal and professional goals. We believe that happy employees, thorough training, wonderful service, and an encouraging environment result in happy clients who return often.
If you are ready to be a part of an award winning team, please complete our online application.
milk + honey is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is a drug-free workplace.