milk + honey is a thriving collection of premier spa and salons in Austin, Houston and Fort Worth Texas, offering a full range of services including massage, facials, waxing, natural nail therapy, hair care, makeup application, and bridal packages in a modern, inviting space.
milk + honey abides by and exemplifies its core Four Principles, which have become an essential part of our processes, culture, and growth:
Care. Be kind, compassionate, and listen to one another.
Thrive. Enjoy what you do and push yourself to improve.
Inspire. Surprise, delight, and go above and beyond.
Simplify. Do more with less.
milk + honey is looking for a Floor Manager who performs a full spectrum of duties, ensuring exceptional client service, employee satisfaction and the financial health of the business. The Floor Manager position will average 40-45 hours per week with a semi-fixed schedule. In addition to the Client Coordinator Job Description, the essential duties and responsibilities for the Floor Manager position include:
- Handles in-the-moment client recovery and follows up with clients and appropriate team members
- Ensuring the point of contact for groups and parties is prepared for arrival
- Ensuring that Concierge staff is well integrated into milk + honey and builds strong ties with other Spa Partisans. The Floor Manager will hold Concierge shifts, Spa Host shifts and rotate in and out of the schedule to relieve Partisans for breaks and to keep up with the spirit of the Concierge position
- Works closely with Leadership to ensure spa and salon protocols and company standards are maintained
- Actively participates in overseeing training for new hires, communicating status of new hire training with team and creating action plans for anyone needing additional support
- Develops and updates spa and salon procedures, scripts and important Concierge materials to ensure that the Concierge team has the tools to deliver excellent customer service
- Possess the ability to pinpoint morale issues and areas of opportunity within the Concierge team, maintaining communication with Leadership and collaborating on solutions
- Is the lead contact for the Concierge staff and the Leadership Team in regards to all Concierge duties
- Ensuring all equipment is appropriately labeled and functioning correctly, educating staff members in its proper usage and coordinating with Leadership regarding any repair, replacement or maintenance required
- Work most shifts ‘on the floor’, acting as a liaison between the front desk, housekeeping, the salon and nail department, with various hours of daily admin work to be performed in the manager office as needed
- Creates and monitors Concierge schedule and changes
- Works closely with reservations staff for daily changes to therapists’ and clients’ service schedule
- Available for MOD shifts and additional manager support, as needed
- Works with Leadership to conduct and manage monthly inventory and loss prevention
- Ensures that retail shelves are dusted and stocked, provides daily motivation for team including role playing retail sales scenarios with Concierge to ensure goals are met
- Delivers feedback and participates in preparing and delivering performance reviews to Concierge staff.
- Participates in quarterly Concierge staff meetings, coordinating with Leadership to ensure attendance
Qualifications and Experience
- Creates a motivational environment for Concierge staff by communicating contests for daily/pay period/monthly/quarterly goals and tracking + communicating successes and opportunities.
- Monitor key Concierge metrics and Concierge staff performance. Motivate and inspire the Concierge team.
- Displays a professional attitude and maintains composure; providing the Concierge team with a positive and motivating work environment and leading by example.
- 1+ years of leadership experience
- 3+ years of customer service experience
- Strong leadership capability with experience leading diverse teams
- An entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to be part of a growing organization
- Ability to work a schedule that consists of evenings, weekends, and holidays
milk + honey offers our Floor Managers the following benefits:
Named one of Austin Business Journal's "Best Places to Work," milk + honey is deeply committed to helping you achieve your personal and professional goals. We believe that happy employees, thorough training, wonderful service, and an encouraging environment result in happy clients who return often.
- Competitive compensation plan
- Affordable health, dental and vision plans
- Paid vacation
- Matching 401k plan
- Ongoing training opportunities
- Generous discounts on treatments and products
If you are ready to be a part of an award winning team, please complete our online application.
milk + honey is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is a drug-free workplace.